Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th Everyone!

Its that time of year again when families are sparking up the grill to really kick off the summer with a 4th of July bbq. I have to admit that although I am a patriotic citizen its not the most popular holiday in my book with regards to the cuisine. Theres never room for dessert and everyone is always watching their figure more closely during these summer months. So fruit salad is usually the sweetest thing at the bbq. Well this year I decided to make a cake anyway and do a little experiment. My family is having a bbq today and I am going to post a before and after picture and see just how many people stayed true to their "figure watching"

I made a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese filling. Yum! One of my favorite and also a fan favorite. I had a stencil that kind of looked like fireworks after I put the red and blue sugar on top. It looks so pretty, dont you think?

Have a great 4th everyone and be safe....Stay tuned for the after picture.....

No comments:

Post a Comment