Monday, July 4, 2011

The Aftermath

OK...so I was not expecting this. My beautiful cake was practically demolished as you can see. And mind you this is not someones slice of cake. This is what was left. So lets recap...those who were watching their figures yesterday and did not give in to the temptation of the luscious layers of red velvet and cream cheese icing...raise your hand....LOL!
I can tell you right now, no one is raising their hands. So my experiment was a success! I guess I can now say that 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays....as long as I make red velvet cake. Maybe next year I will make the layers with red velvet and BLUE velvet to really shake things up a bit. Enjoy the rest of your holiday guys!


1 comment:

  1. Felecia Weber commented on Monday, July 11, 2011 9:02 AM
    Okay...I am "fessing up"....I ate three, count them, three pieces of this absolutely DELICIOUS cake...the best red velvet cake I've ever, ever had (except for the others I've had from Bittersweet Cakes, of course!). Can't wait until July 4th 2012! :-)

    ReplyDelete