Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bittersweet Love Bowl

I made a delicious Dessert Trifle and I want to tell you as I was making it I thought about all the different flavors that would mingling together to create this colorful and beautiful eye pleasing dessert. I would like to share the recipe with you. Its easy and going to be oh so scrumptious. It can also be a great lazy summer treat that is not only light and refreshing and absolutely what dreams are made of. I could only think of one name to call it that would be fitting...
THE LOVE BOWL! .....ENJOY!



































Here is the recipe:



BITTERSWEET LOVE BOWL

You will need a large glass trifle dish or a nice big plastic one like the one in the picture. I found it at a party supply store. This one had a lid which will make for easy travel.  I also made it super easy for you.  Although I make my own lady fingers, the supermarket has them available in the produce section. I made my own raspberry fruit compote but you can substitute it for jarred fruit preserves. I make my own bavarian cream but you can use a ready made version that you can get from the restaurant supply store which is pretty good and they come in these ready to use sleeves.  You can always use instant vanilla pudding mix if you cant find the ready made fillings or whatever flavor of instant pudding you like. (Lemon would be good) And lastly, I made fresh whipped cream which you can substitute with Cool Whip....See... super easy, otherwise the prep would involve too many steps and take longer than necessary. I'm a Pastry Chef so I enjoy the work...LOL...


Ingredients:

5 packages -  Lady Fingers (they usually come with 4 rows per pkg)

2 sleeves -  Bavarian Cream
- or you can use 3 -  (4.5oz) pkgs of French Vanilla instant pudding mix and make according to the package directions and have ready to use when you are assembling your trifle

1 32 oz jar - Raspberry preserves (seedless)

1 16 oz pkg - White Chocolate morsels

1 container - Fresh Blueberries
 
4 containers - Fresh Strawberries, sliced into halves, save the largest one for the garnish

5 lbs - Fresh Peaches, sliced into quarters (if not available, sliced canned ones will do)

4 containers - Fresh Raspberries

Directions:

Layer the bottom of the bowl with lady fingers and add the fruit, preserves, white chocolate chips, bavarian cream and whipped cream into a layers so that you see a nice pattern developing and continue layering until you reach the top of the bowl. (see photos)

Lastly, once you have reached the top of the bowl, make a nice decorative pattern of all of the fruits around the outer edge of the bowl, top with more whipped cream in the center and place the a whole strawberry into the center of the whipped cream. Sprinkle the whole top with white chocolate chips and chill for at least 6-8 hours or overnight. Delicious!

Servings: 12-15
Prep Time: 30 minutes (The long version...you dont want to know...LOL)

You can certainly get creative with your flavors and make it your own LOVE BOWL.
I hope you enjoy mine...

Have a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Felecia Weber commented on Monday, July 11, 2011 8:59 AM
    Wow! What a great idea for a light, summertime dessert! The recipe seems easy enough, and not very time-consuming...the less time spent in the kitchen during this gorgeous time of year the better, eh? I'll definitely give this a try...what a delightful treat! Thanks!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmella Mclaurin commented on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:07 AM
    i am going to try and make this, but i know it won't come out like yours, because u r great!! [smile]

    ReplyDelete