Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mad for Mad Men

Ok.... so I may be one of a handful of people that love the TV Series Mad Men, and as Joy from The View would say, "So what,who cares!". Mad Men rock! I have been waiting for-ev-er for this show to return. It is filled with ambition seeking New Yorkers, backstabbing junior executives, manipulating relationships, frustrated housewives, passionate love affairs, 60's fashion, chain smoking and afternoon drinking in the office. It reminds me of a reality show, except there is no hair pulling, bar fighting or scenes that lead to embarrassing fits of drunkenness. They drank and smoke and privately went about their lives keeping secrets and giving us all a glimpse of the men and women from a Madison Ave Advertising agency ruthlessly create some of the biggest brands on the market today.

The premiere of Season 5 starts March 25th on AMC and I have re-watched Seasons 1-4 to recap what went on and prepared myself for whats to come this season..... Seriously, the show was gone from the airwaves for almost 2 years! I was so excited and because I have had this show on the brain for the last 3 months when they announced its return, and had some extra cookie dough, I decided to make these cookies for my viewing pleasure on Sunday. I know what you are thinking.... and as I said before "So what, who cares!". If you havent been watching, you should take a break from reality TV and catch up with Don Draper and the gang.


No comments:

Post a Comment